Circular Design Internship
Now accepting application for interns and mentors by Friday, March 17
How might we help Hawaii’s emerging UX designers land their first job and launch successful careers?
In this partnership with Lady Bandit Studios and Alpaca VC, we aim to provide career-building opportunities that pair designers with mentors to work on projects from Alpaca VC’s 90+ startup companies over a 6-12 week design sprint. Each team will deliver implementable solutions for apps, websites, and/or products.
We know how hard it can be to find your first job in UX, especially when you don’t have the right real-world experience and connections under your belt. So this is our way of helping you get started on the right foot!
✅ Deadline to apply is Friday, March 17, 2023
💬 Interviews will be conducted in the following weeks with UXHI x Lady Bandit Studios team to help us pair interns and mentors with companies that best align with their skills and aspirations
📅 Program starts mid-April
Place “Product Design Intern” on your resume, show project deliverables on your portfolio, and get guidance from an experienced mentor!
- Own all design outputs and quality of work
- Commitment of 10-15 hours a week
- Hawaii resident or strong connection to Hawaii
- Basic understanding of UX/UI
- Proficiency with at least one design tool
Give back to your design community and refine your leadership skills!
- Lead strategy direction and provide design guidance
- Commitment of 2-4 hours per week
- Work with 1 intern on a single project
- Mid-level UX/UI designer with at least 3 years of professional experience
- Available during Hawaii Standard Time (HST) hours, regardless of location